Butternut Squash Falafel
It’s been a while since I have had falafel! I usually get a dozen of them at one my favorite cafe! I swear those people know how to make falafel! I am always looking forward to getting some with my best buddy! Our conversations usually get really short or we just go plain quiet while enjoying those jewels!
Since going to the Cafe is out of the question due to my crazy work schedule, I thought I would make some myself for a change!
It’s no Mooney’s falafel but some butternut squash make it pretty damn nutritious!
I was planning on making some soup with this butternut squash for a couple days now but the idea of having a copious meal comprise of falafel, tahini sauce (of course!) and some avocado salad was too tempting!
I usual, I shared this homemade meal with my partner in crime, my little girl!
I really like the sweetness from the butternut squash! Everything turned out well balance and was done under 30 minutes!
Butternut squash falafel
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans ( chickpeas)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- ½ cup freshly cut parsley
- ½ teaspoon of coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic, mashed
- ½ cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup baked or boiled cubed butternut squash
- Tahini sauce
- Heat up the oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the garlic to the food processor with the butternut squash. Pulse for 10 seconds.
- Add the chickpeas with the rest of the ingredients leaving the tahini sauce out.
- Pulse for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Don't let the ingredients go mushy.
- We are making falafel, not hummus!
- We need texture.
- Scoop out the mixture, form little one inch balls in the palm of your hands.
- It should make roughly a dozen. Bake on a lined baking sheet for 30 minutes.
- Let cool before serving!
This is the best tofu scrambled I have had! Check it out!
Room for dessert? Vegan chocolate fruit cake.