The only Curried Chickpea Recipe you need!
I have made this curry recipe so many times, I lost count!
I usually made way ahead of time, just toss it with some steamed rice, sweet potatoes, or quinoa when I am ready to eat. It’s delicious and low maintenance.
I always add some sliced apple to balance to spices out. It’s great to let it just simmer in a slow cooker or the stove top. This curried chickpea tastes even better a few days after.
Shall we begin?
- 2 small apples peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- 2 can of 15 oz chickpeas
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of mashed garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1 cup finely chopped bell peppers
- 4 cups of water of unsalted veggie broth
- 1 tablespoon of curry or to taste
Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
Cook the garlic in a tablespoon of water on low heat.
Add the onion, the bell pepper, the peas. the coconut milk and the salt. Let simmer on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients, the apple last. Combine. Let cook for 30 minutes on medium-low heat.
Taste, adjust the spices to your liking.