Chocolate Strawberry waffles
I left like brunch this morning! I was in the mood for something chocolaty. Per usual, lunch is a family affair where work together to come up with something deliciously fabulous!
We got a couple gallons of freshly picked strawberries from a farm across our street!
There is one thing we all can agree on is strawberry and chocolate mixed together is a winning combination!
Nobody in their right mind will refuse chocolate for breakfast! no, sir!
The strawberries keep the waffles moist and slightly gooey. Drizzled with warm maple syrup or homemade strawberry compote. It’s haven…
Just living the life! Beautiful!
My daughter had the great idea to go pick up some flowers from the yard! She said there was too much red! Who am I to contradict the food stylist in the making? 😍
So, here how I made these chocolate strawberry waffles this morning!
- 2 cup of quinoa flour
- ½ of fair trade super dark chocolate or raw cacao powder
- ½ cup raw, unrefined cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 1 melted tablespoon of vegan butter
- 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ of soy milk
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ⅓ cup of finely chopped strawberries
- Heat up your waffle iron on 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, and chocolate powder. Combine them well.
- Combine the oil, soy milk, butter, and applesauce in a different bowl. Mix well.
- Fold in the oil mixture to the flour mixture.
- Add the chopped strawberries.
- Bake the waffles 3-4 minutes each.
- Serve topped with whipped coconut cream, warm maple syrup, or strawberry compote ( jam)
Have you been” brunching” lately? What did you make? Do tell!