Spicy black eyed peas
Black-eyed peas are so delicious! I could eat them for every meal! I love having them simmered in the crockpot for a few hours, basted in coconut milk and spices!
The fresh and sun-dried tomatoes give them a well-balanced sweetness, it’s just so comforting!
I would advise you to reduce the cooking time if you are using canned or frozen peas. Soggy peas are so boring!
- 16 oz black-eyed peas
- 2 cups water
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chopped onions or leeks
- 1 cup broccoli
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh, chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed
- Cook the garlic on low to medium heat until golden.
- Add the onions, cook until translucent.
- Add the peas, everything else except for the broccoli, sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Only add it at the last 10 minutes.
- Transfer to the crock pot.
- Let cook on low for 1 hour or cook it on the stovetop for 15 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and parsley.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Stir well, let cook before serving.
Have you checked out this saucy sugar snap peas recipes? It’s delicious!
Tag #mikastable on Instagram for a repost of your delicious pictures!
See ya, babes!